Oh Sweet and Tender Nine!

I still remember so clearly taking Benjamin to our first family outing at 3 days old. We tucked him into the car, bundled well with blankets and a warm belly to watch Josh at work as a farrier. I also remember when he was about 8 months old and he screamed in the car for 45 minutes straight. It's all those little memories and things I am tucking away into my heart and writing down often.

Today he is nine years old and he has grown so much. He is maturing in his face and looking more like a young man than a little boy yet he still loves hugs. Benjamin Conner makes my days brighter, he greets me every morning with a smile and ready to begin the day. He never tires and has ears that can hear the tiniest whisper - so adult conversations are now via text, eye code or for talking later.

He recently finished reading Where the Red Fern Grows and it made him sad and almost cry at the end. Ben's tender heart is one of those things I love about him. He is also one of my first cheerleaders and can make friends with anyone in an instant.

Each year we have a birthday interview (you can check out previous ones here) and they are always one of those traditions I hold close:

What is your favorite color? Green

What is your favorite toy or thing to do? Playing with legos

What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries

What is your favorite tv show? Rescue Bots! 

What is your favorite thing to eat? pizza

What is your favorite shirt? the yellow one with the pelican 

What is your favorite game?  Settlers of Catan

What is your favorite snack? Lara bars

What is your favorite animal? Puffins

What is your favorite song? Feel it Still song

What is your favorite book? Ralph S. Mouse

What is your favorite cereal? Sausage, bacon and sunny side up eggs

What is your favorite drink? Lemonade

What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

Who is your best friend? the jokester, Ian

What do you like to do outside? I like to ride my bike

What do you like to take to bed with you? I don't really take anything to bed with me

What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mom's amazing chili

What do you want to be when you grow up? a landscaper

What color are your eyes? Brown

What color is your hair?  Brown

What do you like to learn about? I like to learn about history

What makes you happy? Dad's jokes

What do you do really well? ninja training

If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? a drone, all the chicken stuff (chicken coop, chickens, feed) to sell eggs and more legos