Eight

Eight. It sounds too old for this baby of mine. Benjamin Conner has brought so much joy, healing and just happiness in my life as a mama.


When he was born the world knew, with strong lungs and a voice ready to be heard he grasped the world with his hands and has never let go. He loves to laugh, invent, have deep thought provoking conversations for his age and his caring heart is touched by so many.


He prays fervently and with furrowed brows and the simple wonders of the world that wow him make me so grateful that his childhood as a 6 and 7 and now 8 year old are polar opposite of my own. I remember being 8 and being more mature and knowing more than I should about the world and people. My world was crashing down in front of me and being in foster care was rough.

I have always wanted to be a mama and nurture my children. I like to keep them close and sheltered somewhat from the world but not so much that they don't know what current events are happening. Or even how to use social media in general. Baby steps and a little bit at a time. Technology can be a beautiful thing when used well.


He has his own Instagram account, monitored via our phones now. Benjamin loves to invent and make videos to show his latest inventions. I love every time we go run errands he will (without being asked) say boldly, "I am an Inventor." He says it proudly and confidently.

This past year has been a whirlwind for him with health issues and finding ways to support him with emotions and anxiety. Yet, he has come full circle and always has a good attitude about his wellness journey.

I can still see him as an almost 2 year old telling me he will walk by himself down the looonnggg driveaway at our farmhouse. And he did. Confidently and without hesitation.

That is how he jumps into adventures and life and I love it!

Now onto our interview that I do every year with him. You can see the previous years here.


What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your favorite toy? Ninja Turtles 

What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries

What is your favorite tv show? Dick Van Dyke Show

What is your favorite thing to eat? Pizza 

What is your favorite shirt? The blue one with stripes and a pocket

What is your favorite game?  Qwixx Dice Game

What is your favorite snack? Crackers

What is your favorite animal? Turtle

What is your favorite song? Five More Minutes (right here)

What is your favorite book? Ralph S. Mouse

What is your favorite cereal? Cocoa Puffs 

What is your favorite drink? Orange Juice

What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

Who is your best friend? Jerusha

What do you like to do outside? Do Ninja Training

What do you like to take to bed with you? My green bear and Ninja Turtle stuffed animal

What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Sushi and Domino's Pizza

What do you want to be when you grow up? A dump truck man and a Ninja Turtle

What color are your eyes? Brown

What color is your hair?  Brown